Fun family skittles
Add some fitness fun to your family weekends with these great skittles.
Make one for each family member including yourself.
I made a Grub Gang version here to show you how to do it.
You will need:
- 4 plastic bottles
- sticky tape
- a permanent black marker
- acrylic paint in different colours
- PVA glue
- paper plates
- a close-up photo or drawing of each person
- glue stick
- a small soft ball
Fill the bottles with water.
Screw on the lid very tightly and secure it with some tape.
Use the marker to draw the body and clothes of your characters on the bottles.
Next, on a paper plate, mix the paint you are going to use with a bit of PVA glue.
Paint your skittles making sure you paint within the black outline.
Now, on the card, draw a shape for each character like the one in the picture and cut them out.
Also cut the close-up pictures of your characters so they fit in the shapes and glue them on.
Finally, your family skittles are ready.
Why not use them to play our active family challenge game?
Active family challenge game
How to play
1 Write a challenge on the back of each skittle's head.
Then line the skittles up about nine steps away from the players.
2 Each player takes it in turn to throw the ball, trying to knock all the skittles down in one go.
3 If players don't knock down all the skittles, they do the challenges written on the back of the skittles still standing.
- Dancing queen or king - dance for one song.
- Hula fun - hula hoop for as long as you can.
- Rumble in the jungle - act out 5 jungle animals.
- Bouncy balance - bounce a balloon on your head for as long as you can.
Back to Move it!
- Download your own 'Fun family skittles game' instructions here (761.4 Kb)